Almost everyone takes a camera with them on vacation, and we’ve decided to put together a guide to the best point-and-shoot cameras for travel. Having a great travel camera will help you capture those wonderful travel moments and share them with your family and friends. As professional travel photographers and writers, one of the most important pieces of our travel kit is our travel cameras. We rarely go anywhere without them!
Cameras come in all shapes and sizes these days, from the one on your smartphone to compact cameras to professional level DSLRs. We personally think though that the best camera you have is the one on you and one that you know how to use. For many people, a compact camera, often called a point-and-shoot camera, is the perfect travel camera as they are generally small, lightweight, easy to use, and budget friendly.
We’ll help you decide if the best point and shoot camera is a good choice for you, provide advice on how to choose the best compact camera, and share a list of the best compact cameras currently available across various price points. We also give some tips on how to make the most of your point-and-shoot camera.
Best Point and Shoot Camera for Travel of 2020
PANASONIC LUMIX ZS200 15X Leica DC Lens with Stabilization, 20.1 Megapixel, Large 1 inch Low Light Sensor (DC-ZS200S USA Silver)
- [Larger 1 Inch Sensor] 20.1 Megapixels large sensor for brighter and more colorful photos (12800 Max ISO).
- [LEICA DC 15x Lens] Leading class optical zoom performance with a bright F3.3 ? 6.4 aperture for soft defocus background effects. (24-360mm, 5 Axis Hybrid O.I.S.+)
PANASONIC LUMIX ZS100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 10X LEICA DC Vario-ELMARIT F2.8-5.9 Lens with Hybrid O.I.S., 20.1 Megapixels, 1...
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 10X zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens (25-250mm) and HYBRID O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts
Sony RX100 VI 20.1 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch sensor, 24-200mm ZEISS zoom lens and pop-up OLED EVF...
- 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- World's fastest (0.03 sec) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase)
- Battery life:Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
- In-the-box: Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Strap Adapter
- 12. 1 Megapixel sensor delivers high resolution photos with fewer image artifacts
- 30x (24mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom performance is ideally suited for travel and everyday photography
- Enhanced low light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX90V Compact Digital Camera (Black) + 64GB SDXC Memory Dual Battery + Accessory Bundle
- SONY AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full SONY USA WARRANTY
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX90V Compact Digital Camera (Black)
- 30x Optical Zoom ZEISS Lens - 60x Clear Image Digital Zoom - 18.2 Megapixel Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor - Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
Panasonic Digital Camera LUMIX DC-ZS70K, 20.3 Megapixel, 30X LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens, 4K Video Capture, Touch Enabled 3-Inch 180 Degree...
- 20. 3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica DC VARIO ELMAR lens (24 720millimeter), Plus 5 axis Hybrid O. I. S. (Optical image Stabilizer)
- 0. 2 Inch 1, 166k dot EVF (electronic view finder) with eye sensor for easier viewing under sunny outdoor conditions
Canon PowerShot SX730 Digital Camera w/40x Optical Zoom & 3 Inch Tilt LCD - Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth Enabled (Black)
- 40x optical zoom with zoom framing assist
- 20.3 Megapixel
- CMOS sensor
- Digi 6 image processor
- Focusing Range - Auto 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 6.6 ft. (2.0m) - infinity (T). Normal - 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 6.6 ft. (2.0m) - infinity (T). Macro - 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1.0-50.0cm) (W)
- World’s Fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.03 sec. Optical image stabilisation technology developed by Sony is valuable for handheld still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the ultra-telephoto end of the zoom range up to 600 mm
- Snap Bridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2mp dx format CMOS sensor
- Expeed 4 image processor
- No optical low pass filter. Bluetooth specification version 4.1. Wi-Fi functionality eye fi compatible
- Native ISO 100 25600; 5 fps shooting. Compatibility information: c firmware v. 1.10 and later ( released august 31, 2016 )
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III camera kit with 14-42mm EZ lens (silver), Camera Bag & Memory Card , Wi-Fi enabled,...
- In body 5 axis image stabilization for blur free stills and smooth 4K video
- 16 megapixel live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor
- 4K 30P video plus HD 120 frames per second high speed video
- Timeless, easy to use body design; Compact & lightweight with 2 dials, arrow pad and shortcut button
PANASONIC LUMIX LX100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 3.1X LEICA DC Vario-SUMMILUX F1.7-2.8 Lens with Power O.I.S., 12.8 Megapixel, DMC-LX100K...
- Superior light capture with large, multi aspect micro four thirds sensor
- Fast f1 7-2.8, 24-75 millimeter, Leica DC zoom lens, for producing shallow depth of field (DOF) and out of focused, blur effect about the image subject
Sony RX100 II 20.2 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch sensor, MI (Multi-Interface) shoe and tilt LCD screen (DSCRX100M2/B)
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor. 28-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS. ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600.
- . 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)3.0 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots
- New 12 megapixel Hi speed image sensor for improved low light performance and noise reduction
- Underwater compensation: 2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps); Bright F2.0 high speed lens; Video recording format: MOV(MPEG 4AVC/H.264)
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 V 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera with 3" OLED, flip Screen, WiFi, and 1” Sensor DSCRX100M5/B
- ELECTRONIC VIEW FINDER: retractable Tru-Finder EVF provides sharp resolution, bright self-illumination, and high contrast to view shots and adjust settings through a ZEISS T* coated eyepiece.
- AUTO FOCUS: World’s fastest (0.05 sec.) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase) which is great for action and wildlife photography