So you want to shoot film but you’re not interested in manual focusing, exposure modes, aperture, ISO, and all that technical nonsense? Tired of heavy SLRs and cumbersome controls? You just want to throw a camera in your bag, go on adventures with your friends, and effortlessly shoot amazing pictures, right?
We get it, and so did every camera company interested in turning a profit during the 1980s. The decade of the DeLorean and Johnny Five promised high-tech wonders in a compact form, a promise that camera makers managed to deliver on year after year with their new point and shoot camera.
Yes, it was a great decade for pointing and shooting, and that means today’s shooter can find an astounding number of lightweight, portable, and perfectly capable point and shoot cameras for every budget.
Here are five point-and-shoot film cameras with performance that’ll knock off your hightops.
Best Point and Shoot Film Camera of 2020
- The Pentax K1000 35mm SLR is one of photography's greatest, most popular and longest-lived cameras.
- This Pentax film camera is completely mechanical and needs no battery to run, however, you must purchase an A76 cell battery to run the light meter.
- 35mm rangefinder camera with a mechanically controlled shutter; body only
- Selective through-the-lens exposure metering
- Retro design with exclusive black paint finish
- Rapid film advance lever and the rewinding knob
- Made by Minolta
- 35mm film version
- Great For Collectors
- Requires Batteries
- Great for Older Models
- Designed exclusively for the new TvsIII, the Carl Zeiss T 30-60mm power zoom lens provides the ultimate in high resolution, color saturation & contrast
- This advanced, extremely precise lens is comprised of 6 elements in 5 groups with a high-speed shutter that remains virtually round at every f-stop
- Compact 35mm camera with 38-140mm (3.7X) zoom lens
- Macro capability as close as 2.62 feet at 38mm or 3.77 feet at 140mm
- Five-point autofocus system, actual-image zoom viewfinder with diopter adjustment
- Built-in auto zoom flash automatically provides fill-in illumination
- New selfie mirror; Auto power off time: 5 min
- New macro lens adapter for close ups 35 centimeter to 50 centimeter; Shutter speed: 1 per 60 sec
- Automatic exposure measurement; The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED; This helps capture the perfect photo every time
- 35mm SLR (Single-Lens-Reflex) camera with electronically controlled AE (Automatic Exposure) and focal plane shutter.
- Canon FD series interchangeable lenses with full aperture metering and AE coupling. Canon FL series with stopped-down metering.
- Classic Toy Camera
- 60mm f/8 Plastic Lens
- Zone Focusing System
- Shutter Speeds: 1/100 sec. and Bulb
- Includes: Ilford HP5 Plus Black and White Negative Film (120 Roll Film)
- Prestige 280S
- 28mm wide angle lens
- Automatic film transport
- Made by Haking in Hong Kong
- Autofocus 35mm SLR with full manual options
- 28 to 80mm Zoom lens included
- Retractable built-in flash
- 7-Point autofocus system
- 35-Zone exposure sensor
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality; Lens: F=60 millimeter, F=12.7
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice, automatic film feeding out
- Automatic extending 95 millimeter f14 lens with two focus zones (0.9 to 3 meter and 3 meter to infinity)
- Optical viewfinder. Tri-pod socket. Four size AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries (Best with Polaroid AA batteries). Dimensions- (not including protrusions) 6.6 x 3.7 x 4.7 inches
- You will receive 1 camera
- Flash with on/off switch
- Frame counter
- Light weight