Now that most of us are carrying around smartphones with great cameras, the market for sony point and shoot cameras is in decline. Yet there are lots of ways that a point and shoot is still the better option. They have zoom lenses and
So if you’re in the market for a quality, yet easy to use,
Sony Point and Shoot Camera of 2019
Sony RX100 VI 20.1 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch sensor, 24-200mm ZEISS zoom lens and pop-up OLED EVF...
- 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- World's fastest (0.03 sec) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase)
- Battery life:Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
- In-the-box: Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Strap Adapter
- World's Fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.03 sec. Optical image stabilisation technology developed by Sony is valuable for handheld still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the ultra-telephoto end of the zoom range up to 600 mm
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 V 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera with 3" OLED, flip Screen, WiFi, and 1” Sensor DSCRX100M5/B
- ELECTRONIC VIEW FINDER: retractable Tru-Finder EVF provides sharp resolution, bright self-illumination, and high contrast to view shots and adjust settings through a ZEISS T* coated eyepiece.
- AUTO FOCUS: World's fastest (0.05 sec.) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase) which is great for action and wildlife photography
- 42.4MP Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 35mm F2.0 ZEISS Sonnar T lens with macro capability
- World's first user-selectable optical variable low-pass filter
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
- High zoom 24-600mm (25x) F2.4-4.0 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens, 20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, 4K movie recording w/ direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x), Fast Intelligent AF achieves autofocus as quick as 0.09-sec., Fast response up to 14fps and 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II Camera - Battery NP-BX1 - Battery Charger - AC Adapter AC-UD11 - Micro USB Cable - Shoulder Strap - Lens Cap - Shoe Cap - Eyecup - Wiping Cloth - Sony 1 Year Warranty - Bundle includes: - Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone
- World's smallest compact camera with Zeiss 24-720mm2 zoom Lens
- 18.2 MP (effective) back-illuminated Exmore R CMOS sensor for superb quality even in low light
- Stunning 4K video with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
Sony RX100 IV 20.1 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/1-inch Sensor, 4K Movies and 40x Super Slow Motion HD DSCRX100M4/B
- World's first1 201 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS, High resolution 4K movie recording with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning, Super slow-motion movie3 HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
Sony RX100 III 20.1 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/1-inch sensor and 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 ZEISS zoom lens (DSCRX100M3/B)
- 209 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor ; Optical zoom:2.9x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.24-70mm equivalent F/18-28 lens
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS
- Pop-up electronic OLED viewfinder with 1,440,000 dots
Sony RX100 II 20.2 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch sensor, MI (Multi-Interface) shoe and tilt LCD screen (DSCRX100M2/B)
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor. 28-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS. ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600.
- . 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)3.0 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots
- World's first1 20.2 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS, High resolution 4K movie recording with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning, Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
Your budget won’t just affect the features you get in a camera—it’ll affect the performance too. As a general rule, the more you pay for your camera, the better images it will produce.
Cheaper cameras have smaller sensors. They are less able to shoot well in low light or high contrast scenes as compare to sony point and shoot camera.
They also tend to be slower. Not just in general functioning speed, but shutter lag and focussing speed, too. This may not matter if you’re primarily shooting landscapes or scenes with limited movement. But budget point and shoots are rarely suitable for action photography.